Sunday, March 22, 2015

Jeff Koons Exhibition @Beaubourg // Dailimages Reject

Yesterday I went to the Jeff Koons exhibition at Beaubourg with one of my favorite friends to photograph (second photo). What struck me during the exhibition was how many photographs and selfies were being taken —more than I've normally grown accustomed to it seemed. People were basically looking at the art only through their cell phones. It's actually interestingly fitting for a Koons exhibition, who, if you believe people who admire his work, is perpetually commenting and criticizing our society. And that realization in turn made me spend most of my time there getting shots of people getting shots of the art. Irony, eh? ;)

Photo that made the Dailimages cut found here.



For this second shot, I asked my "camera-ready-friend" to use Koons' animal mirrors as an actual mirror. I could've spent more time photographing her in front of all the mirrors etc., but I try not to impose too much on my models/friends who do this for absolutely no compensation of any kind :D


No comments: